Sunday, March 1, 2009

English Presentations

Select any three presentations that your classmates gave in the last few classes; base your selection on how much you enjoyed the presentation.

Presentation #1: “Giving Back to Locks of Love” by Stephanie Buffo
What made this presentation so enjoyable?
I always enjoy learning about non-profit organizations who work to help those in need. Locks of Love takes hair donations from any willing donator and constructs a prosthetic wig to give to a child-in-need for free! Each wig is individually fit to the child, benefitting both their physical appearance and their emotional confidence.
What did you learn?
I learned more about the non-profit organization of Locks of Love. I knew that this organization existed, but I didn’t know how many inches of hair was needed for a donation or how many donations is needed to make one wig.
What made this person an effective presenter?
Stephanie was an effective presenter because she had a personal connection with her topic. She had a close friend die from cancer in high school, which motivated her to start her hair donation. The fact that she was able to talk about her personal donations made her presentation more effective.

Presentation #2: “When the Shark and the Fish First Met” by Nate Kitt
What made this presentation so enjoyable?
This presentation focused on a current world event taking place in the Middle East. It was enjoyable because it discussed a current event and made me more globally aware of Gilad’s situation.
What did you learn?
I learned more about the current war going on between the Israelites and the Palestinians. I also learned about Gilad Shilat – a POW who has been held captive by Hamas since June 25, 2006. I also learned a pretty interesting story that was written by Gilad when he was only 11 years old!
What made this person an effective presenter?
Nate was an effective presenter because he had been to the Middle East to visit during the winter break. Therefore, he was able to discuss this topic from a personal view and from a knowledgeable view.

Presentation #3: “Boykin Spaniel” by Kenneth Cordray
What made this presentation so enjoyable?
He brought his puppy into class with him!
What did you learn?
I learned that the Boykin Spaniel is the state dog of South Carolina! I thought it would have been the Labrador retriever…oops! (And I’ve lived here my whole life.)
What made this person an effective presenter?
Kenneth was an effective presenter because he instantly captured my attention by bringing his puppy in to class. Also, once I learned that this breed was the state dog of South Carolina, I wanted to know more about it. He kept his presentation interesting with quick facts and cute pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment