Sunday, March 8, 2009

Presentation & Portfolio

1. Blog about one more presentation: talk about what you liked about this presentation and why you chose it as your favorite of the last group of presentations.
I really enjoyed Brian’s presentation on autism. It effectively explained and gave examples of this prevalent disease. Also, because he works with kids who have autism, he was able to incorporate personal experiences within his presentation. Learning about the characteristics and treatments of this disease will also benefit me in the future as I work with children in my nursing career.

2. Blog about your past experiences with online portfolios.
What programs did you use?

I have only used the ePortfolio on blackboard.

Was it a good experience or a bad experience?
My experience was somewhat bad because it was frustrating to update and edit my portfolio using this program. We had to change all of our documents to an Acrobat format and then upload them individually. We also had to use the “html” of the page to change font, color, background, etc. Even after taking a class to learn the necessary procedures, the whole process was time-consuming and annoying.

What do you need to know in order to ensure that you are ready for the portfolio draft due on March 23?
To be ready for this due date, I need a refresher course on how to create and edit my portfolio – I’ve forgotten what they showed us last year in CU101. I will also need to have a peer review and critique my cover letter, as well as determine what to include in my follow-up letter. Finally, I need to know what format you want our meeting sheets to be in (Bulleted points? Paragraph form?) and what to include in our progress report/project draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment