Sunday, February 8, 2009

Job Interviews

Do you agree that these are the biggest mistakes that you could make in a job interview?
Yes, I think that this article touches on all of the major mistakes that one could make when interviewing for a job. The common advice tips that I have been told are to practice, to tell the truth, and to follow up after the interview.

Have you ever had a job interview?
I have had job interviews for my two waitressing jobs. However, I've never had a job interview with a larger business or more professional company.

Describe what it was like?
I was nervous when first I first met with the general manager, but once we started talking I calmed down a lot. The interview turned into a more casual conversation instead of a question and answer session - so I was able to relax.

What can a person do to be well prepared for a job interview?
I think the best thing someone can do is to practice! Have friends/family ask you questions, so you can get used to answering. The only thing I would be wary about is make sure your answers don't sound too rehearsed.
The second thing one can do is to realize that the interview is an opportunity for you to get a feel for the company! Take the time to discover if the job is a good fit for you – not just if you are a good fit for the job. Using this thought process may help you relax during the interview: yes, you may fit all of their qualifications, but do they fit your requirements as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment