Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ethics

I learned a lot from the ethics lesson that we had in English class. I was shocked to read the “Just memo,” and how they could to refer to children as “merchandise” and “load.”
Discussing other ethical issues that are more current to our time period was also an eye-opener. These lapses reveal the capitalist mindset of many of those who work in a business setting. It’s scary to see what people will sacrifice – especially human lives – to get ahead in work.
For my future career within the medical field, my ethical principles will be a key component when making decisions. Because religion has always been a major focus within my life, I value all life – disregarding a person’s history or personal beliefs. As a nurse, I will meet a variety of individuals – some who will share my beliefs and some who won’t – and I’ll still need to give my best care to them. It is also important for me to know what my own values, beliefs, and principals are before entering the work setting and not look to judge other’s based on their beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment