Thursday, January 22, 2009

10 years from now

This topic is always difficult for me to write about. Thinking about the future brings both feelings of excitement and uncertainty.

Oh well, here I go:

Personal Life:

In 1o years, I hope to be happily married to a brilliant, supportive, and loving husband. I hope to have at least one child - with more to come! During those 10 years, I hope to have the opportunity to travel the world. I desperately want to experience cultures/lifestyles other than that of America. Additionally, I hope to have a strong group of friends that I can count on. I know that I will remain close with my immediate family, because my family has always been a key component of my life. I also want to be an active member of a church, because my faith is also a major part of who I am.

Professional Life:

By this point in my professional life, I hope to be working toward opening my own practice. I am currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner degree, and hope to gain a lot of experience within this field directly out of college. My short term goals are to learn the medicine and develop my skills. My long term goal is to open my own practice.

"Home"

Currently, I have NO idea where I would like to live! I was born in raised in Charleston and, I admit, part of me will always be in love with that city. I could easily see myself living there; however, I will have the opportunity with my job to travel the country - and that's what I intend to do. I know that I want to remain in the south, because I detest the cold. I also know that I want to live near the coast - I'm drawn to the ocean.

Lifestyle

This area of my life causes me the greatest concern. While I hope to have all that I mentioned above, I also hope to have created a balance between all of those things. Currently now in college, I am having difficulties learning how to balance my school life, my personal life, and my social life - I tend to focus more on the schooling aspect and neglect the social part. Therefore, ten years from now, I hope to have a good balance between the amount of time I dedicate to my work, the time I dedicate to my family, and the time I dedicate to myself.

My main hope/prayer is "Lord, give me the courage to change what I can, the wisdom to accept that which I cannot change, and the knowledge to know the difference" -Humphrey
In other words, let me not only recognize that God is the one in command, but to trust Him in all that I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment